Kleard is using modern technology to help create safer open houses and showings.
Safety in Real Estate is a Concern
- Since 2003, an average of 74 real estate professionals have been murdered on the job annually in the U.S.
- The number of nonfatal assaults on real estate professionals ballooned from 170 in 2008 to more than 900 in 2010.
- 70% of those attacks were on women.
- 75-85% of all victims were 40+ years old.
- More than 50% happened with a gun.
- The majority of attacks started out as robbery or sexual assault.
- Prevention is the key in helping eliminate many of these crimes.
- Only 44% of real estate brokerages have standard procedures for agent safety. 26% do not have a procedure and 30% of agents didn't know if they had one or not.